Concrete is concrete. Time is invaluable.
Brand Strategy | Voice | Visual Identity | UI / UX Design | Competitive Analysis | Photography | Business Cards | Vehicle Design
A long-standing bridge construction company approached us about positioning their new venture: Boston Concrete.
One problem: Concrete is concrete.
Emery worked with the guys at Boston Concrete to strategize their new business and its position in the market. As a starting point we charted a plan to create a solid brand identity that was true to who they are and attractive to both the businesses they would work for and the men who would want to work for them. We wanted a strong symbol of the hardworking man and woman that would stand out on the jobsite and cement trucks.
We wanted to give Boston Concrete a bold and trustworthy brand identity that could walk into the existing market and outlast the established institutions.
Challenges we faced
- Concrete is concrete. If the product is the same, how will they compete against companies that have been doing it for 50 years?
- The concrete industry is dominated by long-standing companies. Because they’re uncontested, companies don’t care for their customers in the way they should. They show up when it’s convenient for their schedule.
- The current communication and customer service model is broken.
- If the product is the same, how will they compete against the guys that have been doing it for 50 years?
What we did
Emery created a strong identity system that felt top=notch in the industry and looked like it had always been around, it was aspirational yet obtainable at once. We then did design work for their cement trucks, hardhats and safety vests. A small squarespace site was also built to quickly get their business up and running.
The concrete industry is dominated by long-standing companies, and because they are uncontested, they don’t care for their customers in the way they should. They show up when its convenient for their schedule, and their communication is unsatisfactory. We will differentiate ourselves by hiring customer care specialists and utilizing technology to have excellent communication with our customers. Our customer experience will set us apart.
- Highest quality of design and thoughtful consideration to the details.
- Boston Concrete will differentiate themselves by hiring customer care specialists and utilizing technology to have excellent communication with their customers.
- Boston Concrete’s customer experience will set them apart.
- If a truck shows up 30 minutes early (or 30 minutes late), it can throw off the day’s schedule. In concrete, timing matters.